Steamed Maine Reds
- 3 pounds Maine Reds, washed but NOT peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 small sprigs thyme or rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Cut larger potatoes into quarters, leave smaller whole or halved.
- In large bowl, mix together potatoes, olive oil, herb sprigs, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Put in a single layer in a large roaster. Drizzle with the water and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for an hour until tender, remove foil and brown steamed potatoes in oven for another 5-10 minutes.