Serve perfection for your holiday dinner!
- 4 pounds potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold)
- 1/3 cup salted butter (Melted)
- 1 cup milk (or cream)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Peel and quarter potatoes, fill a pot with COLD salted water.
- Add potatoes (and garlic if using) and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well.
- Heat milk on the stove top (or in the microwave) until warm.
- Add butter to the potatoes and begin mashing. Pour in milk a little at a time while using a potato masher to reach desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.