– 6 Maine russet potatoes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small pieces and steamed
– 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
– 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
– 1/3 cup warm milk
– 1 tablespoon butter
– Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
– Pierce holes in the potatoes and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, depending on size.
– In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and cook until golden.
– Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
– When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
– Mix the pulp with cooked onions, broccoli, cheeses, milk, butter, and pepper.
– Stuff the potato shells and place them on a greased baking sheet.
– If filling is warm, bake for 10 to 15 minutes. If filling is cool, bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Makes 12 servings as a side dish, 6 servings as a meal.