Maine Potatoes & Cabbage, Irish Style
- 6 medium round white Maine potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white and light green section only
- 1 small head of green cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup milk
- ½ stick butter (1/4 cup)
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in large pot and add salted water just to cover.
- Place onions and cabbage over potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook on medium until potatoes and cabbage are done, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and place back on low.
- Add milk and butter and mash with a potato masher.