Maine Potato Hot Dish (sometimes called Funeral Potatoes).
Feeds a crowd…hence the name.
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ½ cups corn flakes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir soup and sour cream into mashed potatoes.
- Mix in cheese, season generously with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, toss corn flakes with melted butter until evenly coated.
- Transfer potatoes to a 9×13 baking dish and cover with corn flakes.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until corn flakes are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.