Simple. Potatoes and Water.
- Using medium Maine potatoes, count on one to one and a half per person, depending on size. (Suggest Maine Yukon Gold, Maine round whites, or Maine Caribou Russets.)
- Wash potatoes well as you will cook them in the peel.
- With a paring knife, cut a strip of peel all around the potato. Cut the potato in half.
- Cover with cold water, add a tablespoon of salt, and boil on the stove until your paring knife slides easily into the potato, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain well. Serve in the peel. The peel slides right off onto the dinner plate and there you go. Mash with your fork, add butter and salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Maine boiled potatoes go exceptionally well with seafood. Best ever, enjoy with your feed of Maine brook trout and fiddleheads. Can’t be beat!