Easy Maine Potato Clam Chowder
- 2 cups round white Maine potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 pint shucked clams
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup whole or 2% milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put potatoes and onions in large pot and barely cover with salted water.
- Cook on medium heat about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Place raw clams on top of potatoes, add butter and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add milk and let set on low heat for a few minutes. Do not allow to boil. Serve.