Dysart’s restaurants use Maine potatoes, naturally. It’s part of their philosophy to support local growers as much as possible.
- 4 cups cooked Maine potatoes, cooled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 cups cooked corned beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
The secret is making sure that you chop your meat and dice your potatoes into the same size pieces.
- Combine equal quantities of chopped, cooked corned beef and diced potatoes. Add the chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into patties of about 5 ounces.
- Heat butter in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) on medium heat, Place patties in the skillet and let them brown. If you hear them sizzling, this is good.
- Press down again with the spatula. If there is too much sticking, you can add a little more butter to the pan. Continue to cook in this manner until the potatoes and the corned beef are nicely browned.
Back to Recipes