How many of us enjoy KFC’s mashed potatoes and gravy as a take-out treat!! Cook and mash your own Maine potatoes and make this yummy gravy yourself…enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and stir in (beef and chicken) bouillon cubes until dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, garlic and onion powders, black pepper and sage until combined.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then whisk in flour mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until roux is thickened and golden in color.
- While whisking continuously, gradually pour in bouillon water mixture into roux, then raise heat to medium-high, cooking until desired thickness is reached.
- Gravy is ready when it’s creamy and pourable. Enjoy!