- 32 ounces shredded potatoes defrosted if frozen
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 10 ½ ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a 9×13 pan and mix well.
- Gently break up cornflake crumbs and toss with melted butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or bubbly and topping is golden.
Any kind of frozen hash browns will work great in this recipe.
If you don’t have condensed cheddar cheese soup, any ‘cream of’ soup you have on hand works!
MAKE AHEAD: Prepare as directed leaving the topping in a separate container. Refrigerate up to 48 hours before baking. Sprinkle the topping on and bake as directed.