Cheesy Maine Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs Maine red-skinned potatoes cut into ½ inch cube (6 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ block (4 oz) cream cheese, cut into six pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put potatoes in pot and add chicken broth. Bring to boil, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes). Remove cover and cook for another five minutes, stirring occasionally, until broth is almost evaporated.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese until melted. Mash potatoes, adding salt and pepper, sour cream and parmesan. Heat through.