(for those busy days as we enter our holiday baking season)
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 5-6 Maine Yukon Golds (or similar round Maine potato), thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the onions in the oil. Add the thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with a third of the potato slices. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with half of the onions. Continue with a third of the potatoes and the remaining onions. Drizzle with the broth and finish with the remaining potatoes. Press lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with the melted butter.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours. It can be maintained on Warm for up to 4 hours.