Bacon-Cheddar Mashed Maine Potatoes
- 5-6 Maine round white potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced in ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup milk
- ½ stick butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the milk and butter together until butter melts.
- Mash the potatoes with the hot milk mixture and then stir in cheese.
- Place in serving dish and top with bacon and scallions.