Grilled Maine Potatoes
Everyone loves a tasty, nutritious baked Maine potato, but sometimes in the summer we don't want to heat the kitchen with the oven. If you're grilling your meals more (and we all do in the summer) try these two different and cooler ways to serve Maine potatoes to your family.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold Maine potatoes or another round white Maine potato. No need to peel.
- Bacon bits (if desired)
- Wash the potatoes, pierce them with a sharp fork and put them on a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, until almost tender. Turn them over once or twice. Then, let cool. Potatoes may be prepared to this point earlier in the day.
- Slice potatoes into ½ inch slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on the grill over medium heat.
- Grill for 12 to 15 minutes, turning over so they cook through and have grill marks on both sides. Sprinkle bacon bits. Great to serve with whatever chicken or beef is also being grilled at the same time. This will serve four people.